ADB President Mr. Takehiko Nakao during the Digital Development Forum 2018 at ADB headquarters (Source: adb.org) Hanoi (VNA) – The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on September 4 vowed to help countries and territories in Asia and the Pacific leverage digital technology for socio-economic development, saying digital technology is rapidly developing in diverse fields. Speaking at the 2018 Digital Development Forum in Manila, the Philippines, ADB President Takehiko Nakao said that new tools like mobile communications, robotics and artificial intelligence are bringing profound changes to the way people live, work, interact and do business. To help countries leverage digital technologies for development, Nakao said ADB set up the Digital Technology for Development Unit in March 2018. The Manila-based bank is also implementing new digital reforms that focus on innovation and support dramatic modernisation of business processes, he added. With appropriate policies, the ADB leader said the developing countries and territories in Asia and the Pacific benefit tremendously in this new era. The September 4-5 forum provides a venue for high-level discussions on the use of information and communications technology (ICT) for development in region. During the event, ADB will sign a cooperation agreement with the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) on… Read full this story
- Nissan to launch new all-electric Leaf in Asia-Pacific markets
- 3i steps up pace in Asia-Pacific
- APEC: Donald Trump stresses ties with Asia-Pacific, but calls for 'better' trade deals
- Rugby: Force to play Asia-Pacific teams as precursor to new competition
- Entries wanted for 2018 ScotlandIS digital technology awards
- New super-school opens doors to young people interested digital technology and health sciences
- New super-school opens doors to young people interested in digital technology and health sciences
- Letters: Is digital technology desirable at all costs?
- JPMorgan Is Hiring More Tech and Math Grads in Asia
- Sunny Optical Is Emerging as Asia's Hottest Stock
ADB supports digital technology for Asia-Pacific development have 312 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 4, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.