Senator John McCain (Photo: AFP/VNA)German Chancellor Angela Merkel praised McCain as “one of the great political figures of our time,” emphasizing that he was an “indefatigable fighter for a strong trans-Atlantic alliance.” She also stressed his “courage” and “sincerity.” “Senator McCain was led by the steadfast belief that the aim of every political activity is to serve freedom, democracy and the rule of law. His death is a loss to all those who share that belief”, Ms. Angela Merkel added. US President Donald Trump tweeted “My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain. Our hearts and prayers are with you!” Former Democrat President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a statement that McCain “believed that every citizen has a responsibility to make something of the freedoms given by our Constitution, and… he lived by his creed every day.”Former President George W Bush, who defeated Mr McCain for the 2000 Republican presidential nomination, called Mr McCain a “man of deep conviction and a patriot of the highest order” and a “friend whom I’ll deeply miss”. Mr. Bush was among those expected to speak at Mr McCain’s funeral. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wrote… Read full this story
- Senator John McCain Outraged Over US Navy Crew Detention by Iran
- Watch Jeff Tweedy, Ashley McBryde, Jim James, and Others Pay Tribute to John Prine
- This Morning's Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield pay tribute to a recent guest who died following COVID-19 diagnosis... weeks after he delighted viewers with his dance moves
- John McCain Said 'I Am The Luckiest Guy Ever That Ever Lived' in Wistful Final PEOPLE Interview
- John McCain Called Kim Jong-un a ‘Crazy Fat Kid’ and North Korea Is Pissed
- John McCain's Widow Cindy Speaks Out a Year After His Death: 'You Learn to Live with a Broken Heart'
- Post Malone Pays Tribute to One of Kurt Cobain's Most Iconic Outfits
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson pays tribute to late wrestler father Rocky 'Soul Man' Johnson with tearful eulogy
- 'A towering figure': world leaders past and present react to death of Castro
- World leaders launch plan to speed COVID-19 drugs, vaccine; US stays away
World leaders pay tribute to Senator John McCain have 377 words, post on en.dangcongsan.vn at August 27, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.