The export revenue of wood and wooden products was estimated at US$4.8 billion in the first seven months of this year, an increase of 11.6% compared to the same period in 2017, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development has announced.
|Vinanet forecast that Vietnam’s exports of wood and wooden products will increase by 13-15 pct in the second half of 2018 – illustrative image|
According to the Vietnam Industry and Trade Information Center (Vinanet), FDI firms reported over US$1.78 billion worth of export revenue from wood and wooden products in the first six months of this year, up 4.8% over the same period last year and equivalent to 43.2 pct of the total export revenue of wood and wooden products.
The US, China, Japan and the Republic of Korea (RoK) were the largest wood importers of Vietnam in the first half of this year, accounting for 78.5 pct of the total export value of wood and wooden products.
During the six-month period, Vietnam earned US$1.6 billion from the exports of wood and wooden products to the US, an annual increase of 12.48 pct, which also occupied 41 pct of the total export revenue of wood and wooden products.
China came in second with export revenues of US$555.6 million, accounting for 13.4 pct of Vietnam’s total export revenue, a slight rise of 0.02 pct over the same period last year.
Meanwhile, the markets that witnessed sharp increases in the export value included Malaysia (2.1 times higher), RoK (up 52.8 pct), France (up 24.8 pct), the US (up 12.5 pct), and Australia (up 14.8 pct).
However, the exports of wood and wooden products to Hong Kong (China) and Austria fell sharply in the first half of 2018, down 44.68 pct and 35.56 pct respectively.
Vinanet forecast that Vietnam’s exports of wood and wooden products will increase by 13-15 pct in the second half of 2018 due to an improved real estate market and increasing demand for the repair and replacement of furniture in the remaining months of the year.
- Binh Duong posts nearly 4 billion USD in export turnover
- Ten commodities post US$1 billion worth of export turnovers
- Vietnam invests nearly US$280 million abroad in seven months
- Vietnam attracts nearly US$23 billion FDI capital in seven months
- HCM City lures $3.6 billion of FDI in seven months
- Vietnam records US$3.1 billion trade surplus in seven months
- Vietnam posts $3.1-billion trade surplus in Jan-July
- Vietnam earns US$6.15 billion from wood exports
- Vietnam leads Southeast Asian region in wood export to US