The event was part of the Japan Cultural Days in Quang Nam to celebrate the 45th anniversary of the establishment of Vietnam-Japan diplomatic ties (September 21, 1973). Director of the provincial Department of Information and Communications Nguyen Hong Quang said smart city is an urban management model that uses information and communications technology as an important tool to address challenges in urban development. This model helps local authorities with analysing, planning and making decisions to better serve people’s lives. At the seminar, experts shared successful models of smart cities in Vietnam and Japan. They put forth solutions to building ecological, environmentally-friendly and energy saving smart cities. By the end of 2017, Vietnam had over 800 urban areas. The rate of urbanisation increased rapidly to 37.5 percent in 2017 from 23.7 percent in 1999. Despite this fact, the country is facing a number of challenges such as poor technical infrastructure, water shortage, submergence, and environmental pollution. In Quang Nam, the sustainable development of urban areas has been implemented since 2015 with a vision to 2020. Tam Ky city has been selected to build itself into a smart city. VNA Related news ASIAD 2018: Vietnam beats Japan, topping Group D Quang Nam… Read full this story
- Hai Duong set to host Vietnam – Japan Friendship Golf Tournament
- Universities to study how to turn Baltimore into a "smart city"
- Sports Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football Authorities unveil plan to turn Da Lat into smart city
- Sports Facebook shocks Vietnamese TV operators with EPL streaming rights Authorities unveil plan to turn Da Lat into smart city
- Sports Ho Chi Minh City installs 5 large screens to air Vietnam-Japan game The color of incense in Vietnam
- Sports Ho Chi Minh City installs 5 large screens to air Vietnam-Japan game Life after leprosy in Vietnam
- Sports Ho Chi Minh City installs 5 large screens to air Vietnam-Japan game First mobile virtual network launched in Vietnam
- Sports Ho Chi Minh City installs 5 large screens to air Vietnam-Japan game Two masked men rob toll booth on Saigon
- Sports Ho Chi Minh City installs 5 large screens to air Vietnam-Japan game Inside the media center for Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi
- Sports Ho Chi Minh City installs 5 large screens to air Vietnam-Japan game Distance is no match for this Vietnamese couple
Vietnam, Japan share experience in building smart cities have 383 words, post on english.vov.vn at August 19, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.