US Senator John McCain (Photo:People) McCain, a senator from Arizona for over three decades, had been battling glioblastoma, an aggressive brain cancer, discovered by his doctors in July 2017, and had not been at the US Capitol in 2018. He also had surgery for an intestinal infection in April. One year of treatment failed to prevent his condition from worsening and on August 24 his family announced that he had chosen to discontinue medical care. A statement from his office said, “Senator John Sidney McCain III died at 4:28 p.m. on August 25, 2018. With the senator when he passed were his wife Cindy and their family. At his death, he had served the United States of America faithfully for sixty years.” As Vietnam war veteran, Senator McCain contributed enormously to the normalization of relations between Vietnam and the US. He proposed the US Congress and government provide continued assistance for Vietnam to deal with the AO/Dioxin-contaminated environment, and overcome the aftermath of war.
- Senator John McCain, ex-POW and political maverick, dead at 81
- Leaders send sympathies over passing of US Senator John McCain
- Senator McCain has special position in Vietnam-US relation history: Ambassador
- Over 200 organisations, individuals pay tribute to US senator
- Senator McCain - who helps lay foundation for Vietnam-US relations - passes away
- Over 200 organizations, individuals pay tribute to US senator
- Two presidents honor McCain at funeral as Trump heads to golf club
- Senator McCain - who helps lay foundation for Vietnam-US ties - passes
US Senator John McCain passes away at 81 have 257 words, post on english.vov.vn at August 26, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.