Lan Ha Bay is located south of the Ha Long Bay-UNESCO World Heritage site and belongs to the Cat Ba island area, Hai Phong City.
Kastalia Medrano in the most recent report issued last weekend on Thrillist wrote about the bay: “The floating village of Cat Ba Island, which contains around 200 homes, dates back thousands of years. The bay itself is home to several hundred islands, of which Cat Ba is the largest – you can rent a boat to explore, or spend the day swimming. There are well over 100 hotels in the immediate vicinity, so you can take your time if you understandably want to stay in the area a while.”
Kastalia selected Lan Ha Bay along with 10 other places including Indonesia’s Kelimutu volcano, Brunei’s Kampong Ayer, Laos’ Kuang Si Falls, Malaysia’s Tun Sakaran Marine Park, Philippines’ Banaue rice terraces Timor-Leste’s Atauro Island, Singapore’s Gardens by the Bay and Cambodia’s Angkor Wat as “the most beautiful places to visit in every country” in the region.
She said that the two months spent in Southeast Asia while backpacking were a little overwhelming, because there was just so much to look at, all the time.
“When you’re there visiting, it’s impossible to escape the sensation that you’re missing a lot of stuff,” she wrote.
Lan Ha Bay, in many ways is an extention of Ha Long Bay which is included in most Vietnam travel packages starting in Hanoi, just about three hours to the west by road. There are around 300 tiny limestone islands in Lan Ha Bay so it is a great place to cruise, like its bigger neighbour.
- A place for women to gather when they need to fix up their bikes
- South Bay by Jackie Weekend Guide January 16, 2020
- January Is Secretly the Best Time of Year to Visit Virginia Beach
- Chinese President Xi Jinping likely to focus on Bay of Bengal during Myanmar visit
- Indians, Rays and Rangers battle to the end for final MLB playoff places
- Why Was Guantánamo Bay Prison Commander Fired? Navy Rear Admiral John Ring Was Relieved After 'Loss of Confidence'
- Hundreds line up to visit Navy ships as part of Fleet Week festivities
- The bizarre tale of Bertha Boronda, the Bay Area's Lorena Bobbitt
- Preserving and promoting values of Ha Long Bay heritage
- Watsons Bay Milk Bar for sale as ‘Mayor of Watsons Bay’ Con Georgiou prepares to sign off
- Kangaroo Island tourist attraction Seal Bay reopens after devastating bushfires cut off access to the colony of wild sea lions
- Bay Area residents to get first look at new, improved Moscone Center at auto show
Thrillist names Lan Ha Bay top place to visit have 430 words, post on english.vov.vn at August 19, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.