Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh writes in the condolence book in commemoration of the senator at the US Embassy in Vietnam. On the same day, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh cabled condolences to the family of John McCain and signed in the condolence book in commemoration of the senator at the US Embassy in Vietnam. On the same day, Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang, while answering reporters’ questions on the passing away of US Senator John McCain, said Vietnam would like to extend the deepest sympathy to the family of the senator and the US Congress. McCain was an outstanding representative for the generation of US parliamentarians and veterans from the war in Vietnam. He was a pioneer who made great contributions to healing the wounds of the war, normalising Vietnam-US relations and setting up the comprehensive partnership between the two nations. “We treasure efforts made by McCain in building and developing the Vietnam-US relations over the past decades,” she stressed. Senator John McCain passed away on August 25th (US time) at the age of 81. McCain himself served in the invading war of the US in Vietnam. He joined… Read full this story
- Political world mourns Sen. John McCain's death
- White House flags return to full staff less than 48 hours after John McCain's death
- Sen. John McCain's casket arrives at Arizona Capitol
- Tributes offered for McCain at Vietnam War crash site
- McCain Mourned as a 'Hero and Statesman' as Tributes Flow
- President George H.W. Bush en route to lie in state at U.S. Capitol
Leaders send sympathies over passing of US Senator John McCain have 281 words, post on en.dangcongsan.vn at August 27, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.