Lao Cai (VNA) – The formation of a “harmonious friendship and twin relationship” between the Border Post of Lao Cai International Border Gate and its Chinese peers in September 25, 2013 marked a milestone in border guard diplomacy along the Vietnam-China shared border.
Colonel Do Ngoc Tuan, Chief Commander of the Lao Cai Border Guard High Command, said that the Border Post of Lao Cai International Border Gate is the only unit that shares twin relations with three Chinese border guard units – namely Hekou Border Police Station, Hekou Border Guard Battalion, and Hekou Border Police Company.
The officer said that following the signing of agreements, the two sides have held regular art, culture, and sport exchange activities to celebrate special events from each country.
The two sides have coordinated closely in controlling entrance and exit activities, as well as in the prevention and combat of cross-border crimes. Each year, Vietnamese and Chinese border guards assisted in freeing and sending home hundreds of trafficked children and women.
The Border Post of Lao Cai International Border Gate and the Hekou Border Police Station have worked together to spread awareness of border and border gate laws and regulations amongst locals living in this area and people crossing the Lao Cai-Hekou international border gate. This has drawn public attention to the consequences of strictly abiding by the law and engaging in criminal prevention; safeguarding State security; and building a shared border of peace, stability, and development.
Colonel Tuan said that since the first quarter of 2016, the two sides have developed their “friendship envoy” model, a title honoring an official of the Border Post of Lao Cai International Border Gate voted by Chinese people and an official of Hekou Border Police Station chosen by Vietnamese people.
The model has helped improve officials’ serving attitude and build the serving culture for officials of both sides, he said.
He added that the two sides have also organised a contest to study three legal documents relating to border control, drawing a large number of border guards and locals from both sides.
Major Nguyen Dinh Quang, Commissar of the Border Post of Lao Cai International Border Gate, said that a campaign to find excellent Party members has been launched by the Vietnamese Border Post and Hekou Border Police Station, contributing to enhancing the quality of services on both sides.
On July 25, the two units also held their second political exchange this year in Hekou, in China’s Yunnan province.
Close friendship and partnership with Chinese counterparts have helped the Lao Cai border guards show strong performance in managing and safeguarding the national sovereignty and building a shared borderline of peace, friendship, stability, cooperation, and common development, Quang added.–VNA
- Border guards travel in style on cruise ships so passengers can avoid queuing
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art presents Border Cantos: Sight & Sound Explorations from the Mexican-American Border
- Hour-long queues for Eurostar passengers after border guards stage no-deal border checks trial in Paris
- OAP claims Gatwick Airport border guard ordered him to remove 'B******s to Brexit' badge and took his passport
- India, China agree to 'expeditious disengagement' of Doklam border dispute
- Brussels’ plan to increase border control BLOCKED by Europe until 2027 - ‘Not feasible!’
- Trump unveils first section of new border wall: 'Our country is full'
- US company makes Trump $3.3B border offer: Quick turnaround on 218 miles of steel fence, roads, and tech
- Giannis is among those featured by the NBA for its ad campaign to celebrate Chinese New Year
- Feds Arrest California Group for Aiding Chinese Exam and Visa Cheats