Kien Giang (VNA) – More than 1.1 trillion VND (47.8 million USD) in official development assistance (ODA) was disbursed for socio-economic development in the Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang during the 2011-2016 period.
Of the total amount, 195.5 billion VND (8.45 million USD) was for transportation, 47.6 billion VND (2.05 million USD) for education, nearly 78 billion VND (3.35 million USD) for healthcare, and 247.86 billion VND (10.72 million USD) for agriculture-rural development.
The effective disbursement of ODA has created a face lift for the province, with a line-up of infrastructure facilities having been constructed or upgraded, and temporary houses along the river banks having been demolished.
Roads and bridges were heavily invested, facilitating travel of locals living in mountainous, remote and border areas.
Meanwhile, the province paid due attention to irrigational projects, making contributions to controlling saline intrusion, and responding to climate change to ensure sustainable agricultural production.
Regarding the healthcare sector, investment of modern equipment has helped reduce diagnosis errors, and served locals’ demands for treatment in many hospitals.
According to Nguyen Thi Kim Be, deputy head of Kien Giang province’s National Assembly delegation, the provincial People’s Committee has concretised and issued documents regulating ODA management and use. Accordingly, ODA capital has been disbursed in line with legal regulations.
The province is asking the Government for arranging capital to build additional 18 drains worth nearly 1.5 trillion VND (10.65 million USD) to response to climate change, and support local agriculture and aquaculture cultivation.-VNA
- Kien Giang to molibise 17 trillion VND for new-style rural building
- Kien Giang draws 1.5 million tourists in first quarter
- Kien Giang: Island district calls for 10 million USD investment in tourism
- Kien Giang’s island commune joins national grid
- Several fishing vessels inactive in Kien Giang Province
- Kien Giang expands marine aquaculture on industrial scale
- Lotus adds money to pockets of farmers in Kien Giang
- Kien Giang to molibise 17 trillion VND for new-style rural area building
- JICA urges disbursement of ODA loans for projects in Vietnam
- HCM City needs over 83 trillion VND for transport infrastructure