This combination of pictures created on Aug 24, 2018 shows US Senator John McCain and US President Donald Trump. (Photo: AFP/Mandel Ngan, Brendan Smialowski) The two men never pretended to like each other. It was not just their clashing personalities or vastly dissimilar backgrounds. Their differences were fundamental, their values dramatically at odds, and their disagreements public and pointed. When Trump announced his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination in June 2015, suggesting that many Mexican immigrants were criminals and “rapists”, McCain denounced him for using language that “fired up the crazies”. Senator John McCain, seen shortly after his brain cancer was diagnosed in July 2017 AFP/JUSTIN SULLIVAN Trump’s response: McCain was a “dummy” who had barely managed to graduate from the US Naval Academy. Never one to give in, Trump then attacked the former navy pilot over what might have seemed his least vulnerable point: the military career – including more than five years as a wounded and tortured prisoner of war in Vietnam – for which he received a slew of decorations including the Silver Star, the Legion of Merit and three Bronze Stars. Trump, who received serial deferments and did not serve in the military, said that… Read full this story
- Everything We Know About Senator John McCain's Funeral Services
- Meghan McCain Gets Emotional About 'the Pain of Missing' Late Father John McCain
- Donald Trump Is Elected 45th President of the United States in Stunning Upset
- Trump Is a Massive Failure — and Getting Exactly What He Wants
- Jennifer Williams Is Transgender, Republican, and Not Giving Up
- Vote for the Old Guy: Why Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders are on the Lookout for Youthful Running Mate
John McCain and Donald Trump: No love lost have 290 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 26, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.