The Hanoitimes – At his death, Senator John Sidney McCain III had served the US faithfully for 60 years. Senator John Sidney McCain III, who began laying the groundwork for normalization of relations between the US and Vietnam, died at 4:28 pm on August 25, 2018 at his home in Arizona. Senator John McCain was honored for over 63 years of dedicated service to the nation and the U.S. Navy at Fort Myer in Arlington, Virginia on November 14, 2017. Photo: Getty Images John Sidney McCain III was born August 29, 1936 in the Panama Canal Zone. McCain’s political career has always been intimately connected to his service in the Vietnam War. John McCain Jr. followed in the family business, becoming the top commander for Vietnam from 1968 to 1972. His final mission came on October 26, 1967. As McCain was dropping bombs on his target, a power plant in central Hanoi that was typically off-limits to American planes, a surface-to-air missile the size of a telephone pole hit the right wing off his Skyhawk dive bomber. He crashed into Truc Bach Lake and nearly drowned. With two broken arms and a broken right leg, he used his… Read full this story
- John McCain, 81, halts his medical care: Senator's daughter Meghan says he has stopped seeking treatment for his aggressive terminal brain cancer as wife Cindy says she loves him with 'all her heart'
- Cindy McCain Says Country Needs John McCain ‘More than Ever’
- John McCain Just Effectively Killed the Republican Party’s Latest Health-Care Bill
- Schwarzenegger Steps In to Defend John McCain’s Legacy
- Cindy McCain: John McCain Would Be ‘Disgusted’ By Republicans Now
- John McCain: Throw Turkish Ambassador ‘The Hell Out Of The USA’ [VIDEO]
- John McCain: Tributes as Vietnam veteran and six-term senator dies at 81
- John McCain death: Trump lowers White House flag after criticism
- John McCain tells Ukraine protesters: 'We are here to support your just cause'
- Cindy McCain Says Husband John Would Be Railing About Some of the Moves by Today's Republicans
John McCain, a booster of Vietnam-US relation, dies at 81 have 339 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at August 25, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.