James Q. Lynch The Gazette Obama endorses 6 Iowa Democratic candidates Local volunteers gain satisfaction — and governor’s award Grassley aiming for September hearings, confirming Kavanaugh before Oct. 1 Prohibition on exotic meat won’t affect Grassley vote on Farm Bill Reynolds won’t back away from attacking Hubbell’s time at Younkers All articles by James IOWA CITY — Fred Hubbell, who has made the state’s use of wasteful “corporate giveaways” a central theme of his gubernatorial campaign, wants to shift those resources to other priorities, such as expanding health care access in rural Iowa. “I’m much more in favor of working with local communities that can’t recruit the kind of professionals they need,” the Democratic nominee for governor said Thursday in Iowa City. “If they have a shortage and they’re not being able to fill it and if they are willing to put some money on the table, the state should be their partners.” Hubbell, who met with Iowa City Democrats Rep. Mary Mascher and Sen. Joe Bolkcom, and a professor and student from the University of Iowa medical school, said economic development funds could be used to offset student loan debt of health care professionals who agree to practice in… Read full this story
- Audit: Kansas economic development funds used for other purposes
- Tourism should be part of Maine economic development plan
- Economic development is a 'team sport'
- Sudan court charges Bashir with illegal use of foreign funds
- Personal View: Midsize companies key to economic development
- Flood control spurs economic development in CT
- Feds Grant Economic Development Designation to NWI
- Las Cruces fires economic development director Phil San Filippo
- Germany: Boosting Economic Development With Pop Music
- EU is to freeze development funds for Hungary
Hubbell would use economic development funds to recruit doctors have 299 words, post on www.thegazette.com at August 1, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.