A music show is held in Ho Chi Minh City on August 2 to raise for the National Seas and Islands Foundation. (Photo: VNA) HCM City (VNA) – More than 43 billion VND (1.85 million USD) was raised for the National Seas and Islands Foundation during a music show in Ho Chi Minh City on August 2. The show was co-hosted by the city’s Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Committee and Ho Chi Minh City Television (HTV) and broadcast live at 7:30pm on HTV1. Performances praising the seas, islands and patriotism were staged by artists who recently visited Truong Sa (Spratly) archipelago and other islands southwest of the mainland. An exchange with naval soldiers who defend national sea and island sovereignty was also held. Funds raised at the event will be used to aid naval soldiers, border and coast guards, fishery surveillance staff, fishermen and people living in border areas and islands. Over the years, HCM City’s authorities and people have organised events to promote the country’s sea and islands and responsibility towards national sovereignty protection and to raise funds for the National Seas and Islands Foundation, said President of the municipal VFF Committee To Thi Bich Chau at the event…. Read full this story
- HCM City collective economic model achieves good results
- Rooftop solar’s growing popularity in HCM City
- The Ancient Crinum Lily Inhabiting The Island Of St. Simon, And Sea Island, Ga.
- Music of the British Virgin Islands: Fungi
- Dunhuang Caves Come to Life at Radio City Music Hall
- When It's Christmas, Witness Radio City's Christmas Spectacular
- A Musical Web: Beethoven's Internet-Like Concept Took 194 Years to Manifest Itself
- City of New York
- Hawaii Vacation-Part 3-Big Island
- The Red Sea Riviera Has Something For Everyone
HCM City: Music show raises over 1.8 million USD for seas, islands have 296 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 3, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.