SINGAPORE – Anadolu Agency The first-ever Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)-Turkey Trilateral Ministerial Meeting was held in Singapore on Aug. 1, according to Turkish diplomatic sources. Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu, ASEAN Secretary-General Dato Lim Jock Hoi, and Singaporean Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan, who is ASEAN’s 2018 term chairman, discussed future steps and areas of cooperation, said the sources, The trilateral meeting follows last year’s establishment of a sectoral dialogue partnership between Ankara and ASEAN countries. The discussion was held in line with the framework of the 51st ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting as part of Turkey’s goal to deepen relations with international organizations. Çavuşoğlu is also expected to hold bilateral meetings with his counterparts from other participating countries. “We discussed Turkish-Indonesian cooperation in the fields of the economy, defense industry, and combating terrorism, as well as regional issues including the situation of Rohingya Muslims with Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi,” Çavuşoğlu wrote on his official Twitter account after a bilateral meeting with his Indonesian counterpart. Çavuşoğlu’s bilateral meeting with Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh was postponed due to a schedule change. They will meet another day on the sidelines of the ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ meeting…. Read full this story
- Thailand seeks deeper cooperation as ASEAN ministers meet
- Turkey says 6 nationals held in Libya, vows to respond
- Turkey's Erdogan meets head of Libya's UN-supported gov't
- Russia Says Time Is Running Out for Syria's Last Rebel Region as It Joins Iran and Turkey for Talks
- Merkel_ Macron to host Balkans meeting in Berlin
- Can Iraq Bring Iran and Saudi Arabia Together? Rivals to Meet, Along with Syria and Other Neighbors
- China_ Singapore Agree To Deepen Military Ties
- Pompeo ready, but North Korea meeting on nukes unlikely
- Turkey Gets Shipment of Russian Missile System, Defying U.S.
- Turkey, US appear closer to establishing safe zone in Syria
First Turkey-ASEAN trilateral meeting held in Singapore have 332 words, post on www.hurriyetdailynews.com at August 1, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.