Although from the dressing room of Barcelona they repeat that all the titles are important, nobody denies that the Champions League is the great goal of the Catalan club, and they have it tough in the group stages.
Tottenham, PSV Eindhoven and Inter lie in wait, meaning that the Blaugrana will be sweating on qualification to the quarter-finals.
The best:Spurs‘ biggest danger is in attack, where Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Christian Eriksen will ensure a couple of busy nights for Barcelona‘s defence.
The worst: A defensive line without any big names. The best example is Jan Vertonghen, now 31 years old. An evolution is expected in Davinson Sanchez, teammate of Yerry Mina in the Colombian national team. Davies and Trippier, are more offensive than defensive.
The star: Harry Kane is probably the most coveted striker in the world. He’s an old-school centre-forward with remarkable technical skills. Top scorer at the World Cup in Russia and second top scorer (30) in the last Premier League behind Salah.
The best: Dominator in Holland, where they’ve won three of the last four leagues. They have a mix of local talent (De Jong, Bergwijn, Zoet) and good foreigners (Lozano, Pereiro, Gutierrez). On the coaching staff there are two old acquaintances in head coach, Mark Van Bommel and goalkeeping coach, Ruud Hesp.
The worst: The leap in quality that exists between the Eredivisie and the Champions League. It can be noticed a lot in a group that contains Barcelona, Tottenham and Inter.
The star:Hirving Lozano. This electric Mexican attacker was one of the sensations of the World Cup in Russia. He was decisive for his team in beating Germany in the group stage.
The best:Inter returns to the competition that they won in 2010 at the hands of Mourinho. Spalletti trains a team with great players in all areas.
The worst: Spalletti‘s plan, which is inconsistent. The last great achievement of the Italian coach was 10 years ago, when he eliminated Madrid with Roma. He will have to improve.
The star: With permission from Perisic and Nainggolan, the role of star of the team falls to Mauro Icardi, an attacker who incomprehensibly was left out of the World Cup after scoring 29 goals in the Scudetto.
- T10 League 2020: Maratha Arabians and Deccan Gladiators lead the two groups; list of teams in group stage
- Europa League: United handed daunting draw
- Velalar caste groups stage protest
- England get dream World Cup 2023 group stage draw with Eddie Jones’ side taking on his old team Japan in France
- Champions League draw: Barcelona faces Paris Saint-Germain in pick of round of 16 ties
- Champions League last 16 draw: Schedule, odds, dates
- Barcelona 0 Juventus 3: Cristiano Ronaldo conquers Lionel Messi as he scores twice on Spanish return to pinch top spot
- Pirlo denies Barcelona in crisis, refuses to rank Ronaldo above Messi
- Champions League draw LIVE: UK Start time, TV channel and live stream FREE as Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool learn fate
- UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw: Barcelona to face PSG, holders Bayern to take on Lazio
- Rugby World Cup 2023: England draw Japan; Wales to face Australia; Ireland and Scotland get South Africa
- The battle for Barcelona: a day in the life of presidential candidate Joan Laporta
Barcelona get handed tough draws in the group stage have 534 words, post on www.marca.com at August 30, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.