Asda and Sainsbury’s merger could open doors for Northern Ireland egg company BelfastTelegraph.co.uk The proposed £51bn merger between Asda and Sainsbury’s – one of the biggest ever in the supermarket industry – could see major suppliers asked to lower their prices, it has emerged. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/asda-and-sainsburys-merger-could-open-doors-for-northern-ireland-egg-company-37242263.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/article37242262.ece/783d4/AUTOCROP/h342/2018-08-23_bus_43491480_I1.JPG Email The proposed £51bn merger between Asda and Sainsbury’s – one of the biggest ever in the supermarket industry – could see major suppliers asked to lower their prices, it has emerged. But one small egg producer in Northern Ireland has said it hopes the deal could bring opportunities. Asda and Sainsbury’s, which have 17 and 14 stores here respectively, announced their plans to merge in April. They said they will be asking their top suppliers to offer better buying power in a new ‘price harmonisation’ strategy. According to a report in The Times, some suppliers are unhappy about fresh negotiations. Martin Walker, UK equities fund manager at Invesco Perpetual and a major investor in Sainsbury’s, has said it’s in favour of the merger. Co Fermanagh firm Cavanagh Free Range Eggs said the plans “wouldn’t be a problem” for them and it hopes a merger could gain it a foothold into Sainsbury’s. Eileen Hall,… Read full this story
- Northern Ireland haulage firms 'face no-deal disaster'
- 40% of Northern Ireland parking fine appeals successful
- Post-primary schools in Northern Ireland get pupil boost
- Northern Ireland election results: Alliance approach pays off
- Sweet beams: a lighthouse stay in Northern Ireland
- The Giro d'Italia comes to Northern Ireland, putting the bella into Belfast
- Northern Ireland abortion reforms 'a test of May's feminism'
- UK's Boris Johnson talks Brexit in Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland: Veterans mark 50th anniversary of 'Troubles' deployment
- Boris Johnson sees 'wonderful adventure' after Brexit, but Scotland and Northern Ireland brace for a bumpier ride
Asda and Sainsbury's merger could open doors for Northern Ireland egg company have 337 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at August 23, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.