Leicester City could target Lyon forward Bertrand Traore as a replacement for Riyad Mahrez, according to reports.
Reports from France suggest Claude Puel is a big admirer of Burkina Faso international Traore, who scored 18 goals and provided seven assists for the City manager’s former club Lyon last season.
“Claude Puel really likes Bertrand Traore and there’s a possibility for discussions with the departure of Riyad Mahrez almost complete,” said Manu Lonjon of Yahoo France.
Traore only joined Lyon last summer, signing a five-year deal after a £9m transfer from Chelsea.
The 22-year-old had found opportunities hard to come by at Stamford Bridge but excelled in loan spells, notably at Ajax in 2016-17 when he helped the Dutch club to the Europa League final.
Like Mahrez, left-footed Traore usually operates as a right winger. However, he’s more than capable of playing as a central striker and led the line towards the end of last season, scoring six goals in his final seven games.
- City eyes changes to downtown parking
- Hunter Pence clear-eyed as he looks at possible curtain call with San Francisco Giants
- Flooding Rains Possible
- UEFA Champions League: Red Star stuns Liverpool; Tottenham escapes
- Underapprecieated All-Stars: Utah State vs. UNLV
- How Kim Bartmann became the Twin Cities' most unapologetic restaurateur
- Is Alabama for real, or just another eye test for CFP committee?
- Transfer Rumors: Jose Mourinho 'one Game from the Sack', Real Madrid Target Man City Star
- OU football: Linebacker Caleb Kelly mentioned as possible redshirt
- MLB Notebook: Harper plays in possibly last home Nats game
- ‘Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise’ Doesn’t Live Up to the Promise of Its Pedigree
- Healing a broken city after 'horrific time for everybody'
City eye Lyon star as possible Mahrez replacement have 302 words, post on www.leicestermercury.co.uk at July 6, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.