When commenting on the challenges that HCMC is facing, he agrees that this high position is unavoidable as there are around 400,000 businesses and manufacturers of various fields in the city, hiring approximately 4.5 million employees. In 2017, there were more than 1,500 cases of work accidents, 122 of which resulted in mortality of 123 people, an increase of 4 compared to 2016. The urgent task at the moment is how to gradually reduce this number effectively. He also states that the financial allocation for work safety training in the whole country is not at all adequate although businesses in general are interested in optimizing this training process as well as possessing the human resources to fight against industrial accidents successfully. The supposed budget for the national work safety program is around VND700 billion (approx. $30.63 million), but the real expense is only VND200 billion ($8.75 million), along with a sponsor of VND200 billion ($8.75 million) from the Denmark government. If disbursed timely, the expenditure for work safety in the period of 2016 – 2020 is only over VND100 billion ($4.37 million). The good news is that the law on occupational safety and hygiene allows a large amount of resource… Read full this story
- HCMC looks for solution to meet 300 classrooms per 10,000 citizens
- Man dies 17 days after work accident
- John Winton funeral: Community lost a ‘hero’ in work accident
- Pollution threatens water supply safety in HCMC
- Ministers ‘working night and day’ on school structure risk
- Crash caught on camera at accident hotspot
- Tom Kelly: SDLP deserves a better political legacy than simply fading away ... realignment with Fianna Fail is one possible solution
- Mekong Delta localities see drop in traffic accidents
- Tributes to "hard-working, very bright and popular student."
- BREAKING NEWS: Culina boss pays tribute to employee who died after an accident at its Haverhill warehouse
Work accidents in HCMC need more practical solutions have 302 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at June 25, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.