ALL eyes are on Singapore as the historic meeting between Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump fast approaches.
But what will the two leaders discuss at the secret talks? Here’s what might be on the agenda – and who’s attending the summit.
What will Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un discuss at the Singapore summit?
This will be the first time a sitting US President has ever met a North Korean leader.
Trump has said the talks represent a “one-time shot” at peace, with North Korea’s nuclear programme at the heart of the agenda.
The US President has previously said of the meeting: “They have to de-nuke. If they don’t denuclearise, that will not be acceptable.”
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the US would only accept “complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation” – but would offer “unique” security guarantees, that would provide North Korea with “certainty… that denuclearisation is not something that ends badly for them”.
It’s possible that a formal end to the Korean war may also be discussed.
The 1950-3 conflict ended with a truce rather than a final peace treaty.
But Trump said that would likely be the “easy part” – with the more weighty matter of denuclearisation the most serious item on the agenda.
MOST READ NEWS
Fears of UK DROUGHT as reservoirs dry up with 33C heatwave still to come
Gary Barlow blasted for littering Eden Project with plastic confetti during gig
Medic finds kids in hot car at Tesco but staff ‘won’t act citing data protection’
‘COPS CAN’T STOP US’
Moped gangster LAUGHS about making £1,500 a DAY in Lawless London
ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS
Brits bask in 26C sun but warning of ‘severe’ rain from TONIGHT
KISS ME KATE
Kate runs across polo pitch to give player a kiss (but it’s not who you think)
Who will attend the meeting?
The two leaders will be meeting for a one-on-one talk – away from the prying eyes of the world’s media and the diplomacy of their advisers.
However, language barriers mean that two interpreters will also be present at the meeting.
The summit will be held at a hotel on Sentosa, a popular tourist island a few hundred metres off the Singapore mainland, at 9am local time (2am UK time) on June 12, 2018.
After the one-to-one, Kim and Trump will head to an expanded meeting with other representatives and a working lunch.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- Winter Olympics 2018: Donald Trump, Kim Jong Un impersonators make fake news at opening ceremony
- Donald Trump Celebrates North and South Korea Summit: ‘KOREAN WAR TO END!’
- Donald Trump Writes off WHCD Dinner as a ‘Big Boring Bust’ — ‘Greg Gutfeld Should Host Next Year!’
- Donald Trump Marks First Anniversary of Russia ‘Witch Hunt’
- Donald Trump: ‘May God Be with the Victims’ of Texas School Shooting
- Dennis Rodman praises Donald Trump for decision to meet with Kim Jong Un
- Report: Eagles' Jeffrey Lurie Called Donald Trump's Presidency 'Disastrous'
- Donald Trump abruptly cancels trip to Poland to monitor Hurricane Dorian as it strengthens to a Category 4 and is forecast to hit Florida on Labor Day
- Donald Trump's meddling is more likely to sink U.S. World Cup hosting hopes than help them
- Trevor Noah: Donald Trump wants to 'whiten America'