ALL eyes were on Singapore as the historic meeting between Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump took place. But what did the two leaders discuss – and who attended the summit? What did Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un discuss at the Singapore summit? It was the first time a sitting US President has ever met a North Korean leader. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the US would only accept “complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation” – but would offer “unique” security guarantees, that would provide North Korea with “certainty… that denuclearisation is not something that ends badly for them”. It’s possible that a formal end to the Korean war may also be discussed. The 1950-3 conflict ended with a truce rather than a final peace treaty. But Trump said that would likely be the “easy part” – with the matter of denuclearisation the most serious item on the agenda. Kim vowed to destroy all his nukes following the Singapore summit with Trump saying the process would start “very quickly” on the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula. Speaking of the meeting, Donald Trump said it had gone “better than anyone could have expected”. He told reporters: “It is a tremendous honour, and I… Read full this story
- What did Donald Trump say about Kyle Rittenhouse?
- US Policy Shift May Unfold If Second Trump-Kim Summit Occurs
- Donald Trump grants FULL pardon to Alice Johnson for drug dealing conviction after freeing her from 22-year sentence at urging of Kim Kardashian - leaving former felon wiping away tears
- Mexicans gave Donald Trump the hostile welcome he deserved
- Sanders Says Trump Joked About Her 'Taking One for the Team' With Kim Jong Un
- Kim Jong-un’s secretive older brother Kim Jong-chul who had 'warm heart of a girl'
- Kim Jong-un is seen for the first time in a month after Japan reignited the debate over his health
- North Korea: Kim Jong-un delegates power to his younger sister 'to ease stress'
- Kim Jong-un waves to fans and boards bullet-proof train before arriving in Russia
- ‘Bloodthirsty’ Kim Jong-un could EXECUTE his sister after she made power grab when he vanished from spotlight
What did Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un discuss at the Singapore summit and what have they agreed? have 366 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 12, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.