The festival is under a series of the “Red Journey” voluntary blood donation program.
The fifth program was co-organized by the national steering board for voluntary blood donation, the National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion and red cross societies in 26 cities and provinces with the hope of receiving at least 30,000 units of blood from June 13 to July 17.
The program plans to start in Ca Mau Province and end in the capital city of Hanoi.
According to the organizers, through five years of implementation, the program has received over 120,000 units of blood helping to tackle shortage of blood donation in summer vacation; accordingly, bringing lives back to many people.
By TAN THAI – Translated by UYEN PHUONG
- Blood Donations Needed After Hurricane Dorian: Give In Escondido
- Miracle of tiny kitten saved by emergency blood donation - from a dog
- “Military joins hands for the poor” program launched in Son La
- Towards a sustainable, safe blood system in Kenya
- Northern Ireland to end gay blood donor ban
- France taken to court over no-sex rule for gay blood donors
- On World Blood Donor Day, an impassioned plea to encourage more people to participate in this vital service
- Bengaluru: Good Samaritans walk into hospitals, donate platelets
- Dogs and Cats Can Donate Blood (But Most People Don't Know)
- Orlando gay men angry they can't donate blood after massacre