PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc (R) receives Republic of Korea’s Defense Minister Song Young-moo at the Government Office in Ha Noi on June 4, 2018. Photo: VGP
PM Phuc stressed the point at his reception for Republic of Korea’s visiting Minister of Defense Song Young-moo in Ha Noi on Monday.
Viet Nam also welcomes RoK’s New Look South policy and stands ready to play an active role in beefing up ASEAN-RoK relations, PM Phuc said.
Regarding bilateral ties, PM Phuc spoke highly of the Joint Vision Statement on Defense Cooperation through 2030 signed in April 2018 between the two defense ministries.
The Government chief expressed his belief that Song’ visit would help realize the outcomes reached between the two countries on the occasion of President Moon Jae-in’s Viet Nam visit last March.
He welcomed the outcomes of the talks between Song and Vietnamese counterpart Ngo Xuan Lich earlier the same day, affirming the Government of Viet Nam always supports and creates favorable conditions to further strengthen the two countries’ defense ties.
The bilateral ties have been increasingly strong, deep and practical, especially since the two sides lifted up their relationship to strategic partnership in 2009, PM Phuc emphasized.
Particularly, the RoK has become the biggest foreign investor in Viet Nam, he added.
Song asserted the RoK sees Viet Nam as one of the most important partners in its New Look South policy.
Appreciating Viet Nam’s position on the Korean peninsula issue, Song said his country attaches importance to freedom of navigation and aviation in the East Sea as the majority of RoK’s exports go through this sea lane.
In the morning, Minister of National Defense Ngo Xuan Lich hosted welcome and held talks with Minister of Defense Song Young-moo, during which the pair agreed to bolster bilateral defense cooperation in the time to come in human resources training, defense industry, search for remains of servicemen missing in action, and addressing post-war bomb and mine consequences.
After the talk, the two ministers witnessed the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding on logistics support for peacekeeping forces, natural disaster and humanitarian relief between the two defense ministries.
- Vietnam and RoK hold 8th defense policy dialogue
- Vietnam, Australia hold second policy dialogue on agriculture
- Wildlife crime challenges Vietnam’s tiger conservation efforts
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 13
- Maritime security high on Seoul Defence Dialogue’s agenda: official
- Korean Air donates bicycles and balls to Central Vietnamese schools
- Pharmed and Healthcare Vietnam 2019 opens in HCM City
- Prime Minister attends 25th anniversary of Vietnam-Japan air route
- Hanoi to host first Vietnam Travel & Tourism Summit
- Sovereignty, sovereign rights, jurisdiction of Vietnam ensured: official