American and North Korean officials have met in Singapore for last-minute negotiations ahead of Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un’s historic summit. A delegation from each country gathered at the Ritz Carlton on Monday, ignoring questions from a scrum of journalists as they arrived. The talks came as Mr Trump and Kim both spent their first full day in the city-state after arriving within hours of each other on Sunday. The pair are expected to initially meet one-on-one with interpreters on Tuesday morning for talks that could last up to two hours. Mr Trump, the US president, begun Monday by escalating a row with allies over trade and tariffs with a familiar early morning tweet storm. But he later held talks with Lee Hsien Loong, the Singaporean prime minister, who presented the US president with an early birthday cake. Mr Trump turns 72 on June 14. Mr Trump reportedly said at the meeting: “I think things could work out very nicely. We appreciate your hospitality and professionalism and friendship.” Great to be in Singapore, excitement in the air!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 11, 2018 A visit to America’s embassy in Singapore followed, where Mr Trump was pictured giving a pep… Read full this story
- Despite Trump-Kim Summit, North Korea Is Developing Missiles Say U.S. Officials
- North Korean official says Trump's plan to meet Kim Jong Un is 'propaganda'
- Message from North Korean missile over Japan 'loud and clear': Trump
- North Korean official claims Kim Jong Nam died from heart attack, not VX nerve agent
- Treasury issues sanctions against 2 North Korean officials
- Otto Warmbier’s roommate recalls chilling moments North Korean officials took him away
- After Trump-Kim summit, Philly-area family asking ‘What about my brother?’ could finally get an answer
- North Korea Goes 'Beyond' Keeping Promise to Donald Trump, Photos Show Launch Site Being Torn Down
- US isn't `starry-eyed' on end to North Korean nukes, Bolton says
- Trump_ Kim Exchange Letters Amid DeNuclearization Doubts
US and North Korean officials hold last-minute talks in Singapore ahead of Trump-Kim summit have 333 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at June 11, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.