Tiger Woods is hoping to find the missing piece of the jigsaw at Shinnecock Hills to claim a first win since his latest comeback and end a 10-year victory drought in the majors. Woods won the last of his 14 major titles at the 2008 US Open but has not played in the event since 2015, when he shot rounds of 80 and 76 at Chambers Bay. The 42-year-old played just four times in the following two seasons due to a career-threatening back injury and off-course problems, but underwent spinal fusion surgery in April 2017 and has missed just one cut in nine events in 2018. Chances to win his 80th PGA Tour title have so far gone begging, but Woods knows he is fortunate to simply be competing at the highest level again given the amount of knee and back injuries he has suffered in recent years. “I had no expectation to think I could actually be here again,” Woods said. “This time last year I was just given the okay to start walking again. “A lot of this is a pure bonus because of where I was. To be here is a great feeling and one I don’t… Read full this story
- Very different Tiger Woods is ready to tame Pebble Beach again
- When Will Tiger Woods Play Again? Golfer Skipping Wells Fargo Championship But He's Not Injured, Says Agent
- British Open 2019: Can Tiger Woods Win at Portrush This Weekend?
- Miscalculation brought Tiger Woods hype to a crashing halt
- Emulating Tiger Woods has Brooks Koepka on top of golf
- Pressure cooker: A Tiger Woods recipe: Commentary
- In Tiger Woods, Trump Finds a Hero and a Business Opportunity
- Inside the night when everything unraveled for Tiger Woods
- Real story behind those funny Tiger Woods, Snoop Dogg photos
- Yes, those cringy Tiger Woods, Snoop Dogg photos are real
Tiger Woods: I’m ready to put jigsaw pieces together have 314 words, post on www.irishexaminer.com at June 13, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.