News / UK by Press Association 05/06/2018, 2:43 pm FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter The National Assembly for Wales is to phase out single-use plastics, it has announced. Plastic water cups will be replaced by compostable bio plastic and paper alternatives as existing stocks are used up. Disposable cutlery and salad pots will also be replaced with a compostable plastic that breaks down over time. Take-away containers have already been replaced with a card-based material. The announcement which will be implemented by September 2018 was made by the National Assembly for Wales Commission on World Environment Day. The Assembly removed disposable coffee cups from the estate more than five years ago – something other public sector organisations are only now implementing. None of the Assembly’s waste goes to landfill as the Commission operates a full recycling and recovery service for all products from the estate. Caroline Jones AM, Assembly Commissioner with responsibility for security and resources, said: “The National Assembly for Wales has been at the forefront of environmental and sustainable practices since its inception. “The Senedd is a great example of our ethos with its biomass boiler and rainwater harvesting systems. “As we… Read full this story
- The final straw: EU single-use plastic ban for 2021
- MEPs crank up crusade against single-use plastics
- What does European single-use plastics ban mean for UK residents?
- European Parliament votes to ban single use plastic items
- City looking for input on ways to reduce use of single-use plastics in Regina
- THE LAST STRAW: EU clamps down on single-use plastics poisoning world’s oceans
- Single-use plastic bag ban to become law in Nova Scotia
- MSC Cruises pledges to eliminate single use plastic by 2019 across entire fleet
- Plymouth to ban single-use plastics by 2020
- Thomas Cook pledges to remove single-use plastic such as straws and inflatables
Single-use plastics to be phased out by National Assembly for Wales have 315 words, post on www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk at June 5, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.