Tran Thi Thuy Hoa, head of the rubber industry development board under the Vietnam Rubber Association, noted that the industry and the association were working on sustainable development solutions. Rubber companies today are expected to not only make profits but also contribute to society and maintain sustainable growth, she said. International certificates on sustainable growth are available from the Sustainable Natural Rubber Initiative (SNR-I) and World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD). Around 45 companies worldwide are part of the SNR-I. They include 31 manufacturers and exporters, and 14 rubber consumers and processors. As of January this year, 11 companies had joined WBCSD. “Big companies and processors have committed to sustainable growth. They buy rubber from providers that have a sustainable development plan, so domestic companies should follow this trend,” Hoa said. Bridgestone, for example, has elevated standards in its sustainable procurement practices by launching a new policy for supplier and partners, she noted. Bridgestone notes on its website that “Minimum requirements strengthen existing guidance for respect of human rights, environmental standards and product quality, while including additional requirements for land conservation and rights, point of origin traceability and resilience.” Hoa said that companies like Olam and Sri Trang Group… Read full this story
- How to Make Your Online Buying and Selling More Sustainable
- Use Eye Exercises To See What You've Never Seen Before
- Need of Industrial Safety Wears
- An Antidepressant, A Cure For Lazy Eye?
- Textile Machinery Trade Fairs - Through the Eyes of Textile Industry
- How to Get Rid of Pink Eye
- Dry Eye Syndrome and Available Options
- Why Industrial Curtains Are Also Known As Super Curtains
- Electrical Market is Growing As a Technological Industry
- Will The Thermal Spray Industry Flourish Or Flounder Under The Next US President?
Rubber industry eyes sustainability have 298 words, post on english.vov.vn at June 15, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.