Viet Nam News SINGAPORE — Broad smiles and a firm handshake kicked off the first meeting between Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, as Singapore prepares to host a historic summit whose twists and turns have enraptured the world. The two leaders discussed relations between their countries, developments in North Korea and the region, including recent positive developments on the Korean peninsula, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a statement. “Prime Minister Lee complimented the bold and admirable decision by Chairman Kim and President of the United States Donald Trump to come together for this Summit,” it said. Lee also wished Kim success for the summit, and expresssd the hope that it would help along prospects for peace and stability on the Korean peninsula and the wider region. Come Tuesday (June 12), after a volley of taunts and overtures that saw planned talks between North Korea and the United States scrapped and then resurrected, Kim and US President Donald Trump will finally come face-to-face at the Capella hotel on Sentosa. They are looking to hammer out a deal that may see North Korea giving up its nuclear weapons programme in exchange for security… Read full this story
- Senior House Democrat calls Purple Heart vet's closed door impeachment testimony 'extremely disturbing' as Donald Trump blasts witness as 'Never Trumper' and allies accuse Ukrainian language speaker of dual loyalty and 'espionage'
- Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc to attend G20 Summit, visit Japan
- Pennsylvania Speech Shows Again that Trump Wants to Be a Dictator
- UK warns against 'unilateral action' in Syria that could hinder fight against Islamic State after Donald Trump announces US troop will pull out of the war-torn nation and leave their Kurdish allies at the mercy of a Turkish invasion
- Kim Davis's Kentucky Is for Lovers: I Got Gay Married in Morehead
- ‘I was ordered by the prime minister to pay the money back,’ Duffy tells Senate
- U.K. prime minister to push for an election – again
- Trump Strikes Deal to Save China’s ZTE as North Korea Meeting Looms
- What's new on Amazon Prime Video in January 2019
- Prime Minister welcomes Australian Foreign Minister
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un meets Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong ahead of Trump-Kim summit have 372 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at June 9, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.