Can Tho (VNA) – Leaders of the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho on June 1 discussed opportunities for cooperation in trade and investment with diplomats of four Nordic countries – Norway, Finland, Denmark and Sweden.
At the meeting, Norwegian Ambassador to Vietnam Siren Gjerme Eriksen said enterprises from Norway are seeking opportunities to invest in Vietnam in the fields of aquaculture and hi-tech agriculture which are also the city’s key sectors, so that there will be a number of advantages for the two sides to work together.
Finnish Ambassador to Vietnam Kari Kahiluoto said Finland has strengths in innovation and clean technology so the country is keen to explore chances for partnership with Can Tho in developing innovation startups and sustainable energy.
Ambassador of Sweden Pereric Hogber said Sweden wants to partner with Can Tho in education, noting that the country will offer student exchange programmes and a number of high-quality courses for Vietnamese students through cooperation with the University of Can Tho.
In addition, Sweden will consider granting scholarships to Vietnamese students and create more necessary conditions for them to study in Sweden, he said.
Sweden is also ready to share with Vietnam its experience in Triple Helix model of innovation which fosters interactions and cooperation between the government, training establishments and businesses in human resources development, the diplomat added.
Meanwhile, Danish Ambassador Christian Brix Moller voiced his hope that Denmark will collaborate with Can Tho in renewable energy, marine shipping and ship building.
Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Vo Thanh Thong highly spoke of the ambassadors’ proposals. He noted the fact that Can Tho is now home to 76 FDI projects, with combined registered capital of 555 million USD, but none of them are operated by investors from the Nordic nations.
He pledges that the city will provide all possible conditions for investors from the countries to do business in Vietnam.
Thong also asked the diplomats to take into account promotion of investment and cooperation in smart cities, information technology and infrastructure development.
He invited the four ambassadors and businesses from the four countries to attend the upcoming international investment promotion conference to be held in the city.-VNA
- ASEAN, EU seek closer cooperation amidst possible global trade war
- UK top brass seeking opportunities abroad
- Spotlight: Confucius Institute helps secure job opportunities for youth
- Council Discusses Space Threats and Opportunities Posed by China
- Yemen ceasefire: new UN resolution seeks to save agreement
- Trump's New National Space Strategy emphasizes 'America First' Policies
- Seminar discusses Vietnam-US cooperation in defence, security
- EU Seeks To Require Internet Firms To Remove Extremist Content
- Trump's National Security Strategy to Stress Technological Innovation
- Summa Health announces it is seeking partnerships