The Hanoitimes – A mobile application was introduced by Ho Chi Minh City’s Department of Environment and Natural Resources on June 21 to teach people how to classify solid waste at home.
It instructs people to dump all biodegradable organic waste like leftover tea, coffee, leftover and expired foods and more into a labelled blue bag before it is collected. This waste will be processed into compost.
The interface of the mobile app on solid waste classification
Waste like old magazines, books, paper, plastic or rubber products, metal ware and glassware should be classified to be reused or recycled. Others should be put into a grey bag to be sent to waste treatment areas where they can be buried or burnt.
Not only that, the application also installs the “Feedback” section, which helps people reflect information about environmental resources via telephone.
Speaking at the app’s launching event, the department’s director Nguyen Toan Thang said the app is part of the city’s efforts to provide people with convenient access to instructions on solid waste classification.
He noted that the department wants to get feedback from users to improve the app. It will develop other software and applications for people to monitor the collection, transport and treatment of household waste and to better raise public awareness of environmental protection.
Initially, the application works with the aim of propagating to the people how to classify solid waste, protect the environment and abide the law.
Thang affirmed that in the coming time, Ho Chi Minh City’s Department of Natural Resources and Environment would gradually recognize feedback from software users. Accordingly, the management and operation department will make reasonable and practical adjustments.
- TempWorks Buzz™ Mobile App Delivers Time and Attendance Capabilities with Geofencing and Facial Recognition Features
- Konstant Recognized for Sustainable Mobile App Development and Excellence in 2018 by Tabby Awards
- New Orleans' new 311 service will include social media, mobile app options
- Passport apps help streamline re-entry after foreign travel
- We won’t recycle our way out of our waste problem: Diane Bickett (Opinion)
- Williams-Sonoma App Visualizes Future of Furniture Sales
- Four video examples of how Teddy Allen could help Wichita State basketball this season
- She said she wouldn’t sell her home to Trump supporters. Did it cost her $130,000?
- Heat exec allegedly took millions in team sponsor money from former team for beach homes
- New home prices in the Treasure Valley are already high. Tariffs will add to the cost.
- More than 1 million homes planned for high-risk fire areas in California. Should they be built?
- After traveling the world, The Bucket List Family finds a new home in Hawaii
Mobile app to help classify solid waste at home have 453 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at June 21, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.