General Cuong, who is a member of the Party Central Committee’s Secretariat, permanent member of the Central Military Commission and Director of the General Department of Politics (GDP) of the Vietnam People’s Army, gave the compliment at his working session on June 6 with permanent members of the Party Committee and Chain-of-command of Military Region 5.
|Senior Lieutenant General Luong Cuong speaking at the working session|
Reportedly, in the first half of this year, Military Region 5 cooperated with local Party committees and authorities to carry out comprehensively all military and defense missions and Party building work. Its affiliates well maintained their combat readiness duties, conducted exercises, including live-fire shooting as planned while also bettering military external affairs, organizing more gratitude activities, carrying out mass mobilization work and assisting locals in overcoming consequences of disasters.
Concluding the working session, General Cuong asked Military Region 5’s permanent members of the Party Committee and Chain-of-command to double check missions and targets for 2018.
He also requested the region’s armed forces to heighten revolutionary vigilance, follow closely any developments in the region, execute well all political education work and ideological orientation for cadres and troops.
Other work which was noted included close coordination with local Party committees, authorities and people to build a strong whole people’s defense posture, upholding training and combat readiness regulations at all levels, ensuring traffic safety, furthering supports for neighboring countries of Laos and Cambodia, actively preventing flooding and boosting search and rescue.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Finding the Best Self Defense Product For You
- Collecting American Military Swords
- New Logic For Leaders During Military Operations Other Than War
- Using Tasers for Self-Defense
- Why We Need a Military Despite Critics from San Francisco
- Modern Components of Reality-Based Self-Defense
- D-day - The Sixth of June 1944 - The Largest Sea Borne Invasion in Military History
- The Drawbacks of Canceling Military Retirement Reform Act of 1986
- Common Misconceptions About Military Schools
- Military Service Is No Laughing Matter And There's No Changing Your Mind Once The War Begins