Hundreds of people gathered indoors to celebrate the fourth International Day of Yoga held by the Consulate General of India in Ho Chi Minh City on Saturday. Around 500 people who are members of yoga clubs in the southern metropolis converged on the building of the Ho Xuan Huong Sports Club in District 3 to mark the day, which first took place in 2015. The participants, young and old, simultaneously performed yoga postures following instructions by Akhil Arya, an Indian teacher of yoga. K. Srikar Reddy, Consul General of India, said at the celebration that yoga yields harmony, reduces stress, and improves personal ability in constructing a peaceful and progressive world. He believed it would play an essential role in strengthening relations between India and Vietnam. People practice yoga in the Ho Xuan Huong Sports Club’s building in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, June 23, 2018. Photo: Tuoi Tre The ancient Indian practice has been enthusiastically welcomed in Vietnam during the past many years. Le Thi Truong Chinh, 67, said she would doubtless continue practicing yoga after having taken it up for six years due to its health benefits. The heart condition and sciatica that used to torture her… Read full this story
- Cheers to the weekend: Officers have a smashing time on International Customs Day
- Contrasting International Womens' days in Russia & Spain
- Street parade marks 10th anniversary of International Wheelchair day, founded by man from Sunderland
- Players young and old join in to mark inaugural international Cribbage Day in Norwich
- International Saami Day celebrated
- Aer Lingus ‘gets on board' with International Women Day!
- Sandiway nursing home celebrates International Flower Day with open house event
- It's International Margarita Day
- International Wheelchair Day marked at country park
- 7 places to get fresh waffles in East Anglia on International Waffle Day
500 observe International Yoga Day in Ho Chi Minh City have 307 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 24, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.