Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has confirmed this season will be Yaya Toure‘s last at the club, hailing the three-time Premier League champion as a cornerstone for the Citizens’ success in recent years.
Guardiola spoke to the media ahead of Sunday’s home clash against Huddersfield Town and confirmed Toure will leave the Etihad Stadium when his contract expires in June, per BBC Sport’s Simon Stone:
Simon Stone @sistoney67
Pep Guardiola confirms Yaya Toure will leave @ManCity at end of season. Will play v Brighton. “Yaya came here at the start of the journey. Where we are now is because of what he has done. He was a key player.”
The Ivorian will make his 10th appearance of the Premier League campaign if he turns out at home to Brighton and Hove Albion on Wednesday in what could be his final outing in sky blue.
This article will be updated to provide more information on this story as it becomes available.
Get the best sports content from the web and social in the new B/R app . Get the app and get the game.
- Jermaine Jenas makes Manchester United and Pep Guardiola claim
- Pep Guardiola apologises to Man City midfielder Phil Foden
- Pep Guardiola loses out to Jurgen Klopp at FIFA Football Awards
- Liverpool fans to purr at Pep Guardiola's transfer comments
- Pep Guardiola names Man City's one untouchable player
- Pep Guardiola names his likely Man City successor
- Pep Guardiola sends message to pundits criticising Man City
- Pep Guardiola's wife to moves back to Spain
- Pep Guardiola's wife moves back to Spain
- How Manchester City should line up against Dinamo Zagreb