Hanoi (VNA) – The World Bank (WB) is ready to assist Vietnam in developing infrastructure system, especially transport infrastructure, WB Country Director for Vietnam Ousmane Dione told Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung.
At their meeting in Hanoi on May 29, Deputy PM Dung and officials of the Ministry of Transport and relevant ministries and agencies, and WB experts discussed solutions to mobilise resources for and effectively implement projects to develop infrastructure, especially transport infrastructure.
Deputy PM Dung highly evaluated the WB’s support for Vietnam in infrastructure and socio-economic development, which has created firm prerequisites for sustainable development.
The Deputy PM also appreciated the WB’s proposals which were based on leading specialists’ studies. He noted that transport infrastructure in Vietnam has developed strongly but still has many shortcomings, including a lack of synchronous and high-quality infrastructure, and lax connectivity and unsuitable structure of means of transport.
Expressing the WB’s readiness to support the country, Ousmane Dione said the WB can help the Vietnamese Government design a reasonable mechanism for risk allocation in the implementation of infrastructure projects.
The WB can also assist Vietnam in preparing projects, mobilise official development assistance for some sections of the North-South expressway, and attract private capital under the form of public-private partnership (PPP).
Deputy PM Dung shared WB specialists’ view on the need for the State to share investment risks so that businesses can focus on improving project quality and investment effectiveness.
He asked the WB to continue considering inland waterway transport, particularly in the Mekong Delta, and rail transport in Vietnam, including helping the country to prepare for a North-South express train project.
Regarding the WB’s proposed technical support for some projects, he said with its experience, the WB will surely help Vietnam promote investment quality and effectiveness.-VNA
- Helping Children Develop Friendships
- School Bus Surveillance Helps Schools Manage Transportation Security
- Helping Others Develop Their Potential
- Nine Steps to Help You Develop Your Potential
- Toy Pianos For Children Help Their Development
- Corporate Coaches and Executive Coaches Help to Develop The Minds Necessary for 21st Century
- Creative Writing & Publishing through Ebooks, I Want to Help You Develop Your Natural Writing Talent
- 4 Simple Games to Help Baby Develop
- A Guitar Lesson to Help You Develop Your Vision
- Blazing a Trail in Infrastructure Management Education in India