The paper reflects the Polish readiness to share the burden of defense spending with the US government and to make the decision on deploying troops in Poland more cost-effective for Washington. © Sputnik / Igor Zarembo’Poland Wants to Be a Close Ally to US’: Scholar on Patriots’ Supply ContractFrom the Polish Defense Ministry’s point of view, deployment of the US troops in Poland would send a message to Russia that Washington is ready to protect its allies in Eastern Europe. “Permanent US troops in Poland will send a clear message to Russia of US support for its Eastern European allies,” the document added. NATO has been significantly increasing its presence in Eastern Europe after the eruption of the Ukrainian crisis in 2014 using alleged Russian interference in the Ukrainian internal affairs as a pretext. Moscow has many times voiced its protests against the NATO military buildup saying that this move will undermine regional stability and result in a new arms race.
- First Division league leaders stay on pace
- US studies military strike on Iran
- Russian military mission in Syria brings history full circle
- Military Bank to increase chartered capital next year
- S Korea, Japan seek close military ties amid lingering security concern
- Vietnam’s military brand names in Cambodia
- Vietnam, Russia strengthen military cooperation
- Vietnam-Russia military cooperation on track
- Russia, Vietnam promote military cooperation
- Cambodian, Vietnamese provinces partner in military cooperation
Warsaw to Share Military Expenses With Pentagon: US to Deploy 'Armored Division' have 241 words, post on sputniknews.com at May 27, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.