On April 29, Vietnam’s leading internet enterprise VNG Corporation held the “Vietnam Internet Ecosystem” event in the Silicon Valley in the US’ California to connect and seek co-operation opportunities with US firm Vietnam Resource & IT Development Group.
|VNG’s Vietnam Internet Ecosystem was attended by a great number of Vietnamese technology experts|
The event mainly focused on the current situation of technological development, including artificial intelligence (AI) and data, as well as to pave co-operation opportunities between VNG and Vietnamese technology experts working in the Silicon Valley, with the hope of jointly building an Asian Silicon Valley in Vietnam.
Speaking at the event, founder and CEO of VNG Le Hong Minh, said: “Vietnamese technology experts should consider returning to Vietnam to work as the market shows tremendous potential thanks to the great number of young Vietnamese people interested in technology. Their creations will directly reach dozens of millions of people.”
The Vietnam Internet Ecosystem event was held with the attendance of top VNG personnel, including CEO Minh, deputy general director Nguyen Hoanh Tien, leader of Payment Dang Viet Dung, and head of Data and Analysis Ma Nam.
Besides, Nguyen Thi Ngoc Dung, management director of Vietnamese Science and Technology in San Francisco (the Ministry of Science and Technology), was also present, along with speakers from giant technology brands including Google, Cisco, and Athena Media, as well as more than 100 Vietnamese technology experts living and working in the US.
This is the second time that VNG has held a meeting with foreign technology experts after Singapore last year. VNG is Vietnam’s pioneer in expanding connections between Vietnamese grey matter, especially the Vietnamese talent in the Silicon Valley, and other countries’ technology scenes.
VNG expects these efforts to provide development opportunities not only for itself but the Vietnamese technology segment at large.
Founded in 2004, VNG is a leader in value added services, developing and publishing online content, mobile platforms, and payment systems in Vietnam. Well-known products including the popular game Sky garden (People’s Choice award at IMGA 2017) and the game Dead Target (Editor’s Choice in 2016 on Google Play store), among others.
Vietnam Resource & IT Development Group is a privately-held consultancy firm in California established to create and maintain a network of experts and diversified businesses and co-ordinate activities to promote links between Vietnam and the US, especially in the field of IT and agriculture.
By Van Anh
- Biotech Gets Some Silicon Valley Shine at Illumina’s New Campus
- Who Pays the Most, and Least, in Silicon Valley?
- Silicon Valley's housing market is so dire, a burned-out home just sold way over the asking price — for $938,000
- Are you ready for Silicon Valley Comic Con 3.0?
- ‘Smart Gun Evangelists’ Missed Fact That Silicon Valley Wasn’t Buying
- TECH TRACKER: UK start-ups raised over £1 billion from Silicon Valley
- What Tech Companies Have Been Hiring in Silicon Valley? Here are the Top 20
- Jalisconnect quiere ser el puente tecnológico entre Silicon Valley y México
- To Solve Its Hardest Problems, Silicon Valley Turns to Physicists
- The Zuckerberg Hearings Were Silicon Valley's Ultimate Debut