Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang
China’s aforesaid activities seriously violated Viet Nam’s sovereignty over the Hoang Sa archipelago and went against the Agreement on basic principles guiding the settlement of maritime issues signed between Viet Nam and China, said Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang on Monday.
The Chinese activities also violated the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea (DOC), causing negative impacts on the negotiation process between ASEAN and China to develop a Code of Conduct in the East Sea (COC) and intensifying tensions in the region, thus unconducive to peace, stability and cooperation in the East Sea.
Viet Nam demands China immediately end the above mentioned activities, not conduct militarization, seriously respect Viet Nam’s sovereignty, strictly stick to the Agreement on basic principles guiding the settlement of maritime issues and the DOC, and create an atmosphere that is conducive to maintenance of peace, stability and cooperation in the region, Hang said.
The Spokesperson reaffirmed that Viet Nam has sufficient legal grounds and historical evidence proving the country’s sovereignty over Hoang Sa and Truong Sa archipelagos in accordance with international law.
- South China Sea: China Builds ‘World’s Largest’ Search and Rescue Ship
- U.S. Warns That China's Expulsion of Navy Near Disputed Islands Is a 'Serious Threat' to Sea Travel
- Resolution of the Doklam stand-off is a case study on how to deal with China
- Foreign experts criticize China’s actions in East Sea
- Border skirmishes: China's strategy to unsettle India
- Singapore a Bright Spot for China Relations in ASEAN
- Hong Kong crisis: China pledges to 'support' territory's police as US warned not to interfere
- Is China taking advantage of COVID-19 to pursue South China Sea ambitions?
- USS Theodore Roosevelt returning to sea as China steps up coronavirus-era 'harassment' of US spy planes, ships
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 18
- US Air Force flies its three types of bombers on long-range missions to Europe in a show of strength amid the coronavirus pandemic
- From Vietnam to COVID-19, the Arrogance of Ignorance Keeps Killing Americans
Vietnam demands China immediately stop bomber tests in Paracel Islands have 373 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 22, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.