The historic meeting between President Trump and Kim Jong-un will take place on June 12 in Singapore between two men working toward “a very special moment for World Peace!,” Trump announced on Twitter Thursday morning.
The announcement comes just hours after Trump welcomed three Americans home from North Korea where they were detained in the country’s brutal prison camps. The release of the prisoners, all of whom were taken captive within the past three years, was reportedly a precondition to the meeting.
In preparation for the summit, Trump will host South Korea’s President Moon Jae-in at the White House on May 22. In the days preceding the sit-down with Kim, Trump will also huddle with world leaders at the G7 summit in Quebec.
- Kim Jong-un vows to meet South Korea’s leader frequently in 2019
- Kim Jong Un rides horseback to sacred peak, promises to fight sanctions from U.S.
- Kim Jong Un rode a horse up a sacred mountain. Does it mean anything?
- North Korea bizarre propaganda photo-shoot sees Kim Jong-un mount white horse in mountains
- Xi Jinping and Kim Jong Un hail 'immortal' China-North Korea relationship
- Kim Jong-un oversees launch of 'new weapon': State media
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un vows to fight US sanctions
- Kim Jong Un's ride up sacred mountain spurs speculation of policy shift
- Kim Jong-un horse stunt could signal further missile mayhem as US talks falter
- Kim Jong Un rides horse on sacred mountain, vows to fight U.S. sanctions
- Kim Jong Un rides horse on sacred peak, vows to fight U.S. sanctions
- Kim Jong Un rides white horse in propaganda stunt directed at US
Trump’s Meeting With Kim Jong-un Set for June 12 in Singapore have 283 words, post on nymag.com at May 10, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.