Institutional improvement must for effective disaster prevention Workers fix an irrigation project damaged by floods in northern mountainous Lai Châu Province’s Than Uyên District. Việt Nam should improve the country’s institutions and legal documents to enhance efficiency in natural disaster prevention and control, said Hoàng Văn Thắng, deputy minister of agriculture and rural development. He said this during the second consultation meeting in Hà Nội on Wednesday mainstreaming the content of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Reduction in the context of the national strategy for natural disaster prevention and control till 2030, with a vision to 2050. The meeting was co-organised by the Central Steering Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control and the Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA). Thắng said disaster management should have integrated solutions and that disaster risk management should be a priority, adding that mass participation should be mobilised at all levels. According to him, investment is currently mainly focused on response solutions and due attention is not being paid to disaster mitigation solutions. In fact, development without sustainable solutions has resulted in the increase of natural disasters. For example, the construction of infrastructure without proper planning has caused floods and flash floods to recur. The… Read full this story
- Google+ real-time search: the social news "ticker"
- Huffington Post, Facebook sync up on social news
- News sources
- Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) participates in one of the largest innovation events in Asia to address social challenges in ASEAN
- How social media and big data will unleash what we know
- 9 out of 10 Americans don't fact-check information they read on social media
- Facebook reveals big 'social news' traffic surges
- Best social media management tools of 2018
- Millions of Facebook users embrace the Open Graph for news
- Egypt Poised to Give Itself the Power to Block Anyone With 5,000-Plus Followers Over ‘Fake News’
Social News 5/7 have 325 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at May 6, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.