PM Shinzo Abe is scheduled to attend the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) in the second-biggest Russian city on May 25th.
SPIEF is an international platform for communication and discussion on key economic issues.
After attending the forum themed “Building a Trust Economy”, PM Shinzo Abe will arrive in Moscow for meeting with President Vladimir Putin.
At the meeting, the two leaders will discuss issues related to territorial disputes with Japan, as well as their views on the Iran nuclear deal and the situation in Syria.
The Japanese and Russian governments are also aiming to reach an agreement on launching joint economic activities./.Compiled by BTA
- Putin derides liberalism as 'obsolete' ahead of G20 summit
- Putin, Abe to meet on sidelines of G20 summit
- Morrison to meet with Trump at G20 summit
- Macron plans to hold bilateral meeting with Putin at G20 summit
- Trump-Xi trade meeting set for Saturday
- 'It's not business as usual'
- Russian PM visits disputed Pacific island
- Trump unsettles G7 with support for Russia return
- Putin hosts Modi at start of Far East economic forum
- Erdoğan to meet Trump at G20 summit in Japan