While I was working on SS Rajamouli’s Bahubali and its 2017 sequel, I had to learn sword-fighting as my character, Avanthika, was primarily a warrior. It was required especially for my introduction which was an action sequence. I trained for a few weeks under the guidance of fight master Peter Hein and had initially thought it was all about the strength of your arms, however it is the footwork which matters the most. I spent most of my time focusing on it and it wasn’t easy, but I had noticed that good dancers learnt it faster and made for better fighters too. In films, action sequences are choreographed quite like dancing and it becomes easier to grasp the techniques. We trained with metal swords for which a sword was chosen keeping my height and weight in mind. During this period, while getting the form right, safety was also an important part of the training as we had to be sure not to hurt ourselves as well as the opponent in the scene. In my case, thankfully I was working with actors like Prabhas who had already undergone a lot of training and he is an action star himself so all… Read full this story
- The Guardian view on Northern Ireland talks collapsing: the lost language of power-sharing
- '10 Euros for 5 Minutes': Latvian Lawmaker Proposes Language Fees for Russian Speakers
- Behemoth, bully, thief: how the English language is taking over the planet
- Jindal Poly Films in talks to acquire European operations of DuPont Teijin Films
- Henry Cavill dehydrated himself for three days to prep for shirtless scenes in The Witcher: 'You get to the point where you can smell water nearby'
- Will Brexit spell the end of English as an official EU language?
- Native languages under threat from globalisation: Sahitya Akademi president
- The best language-learning apps for Android and iOS
- English is no longer the default language of American pop
- Quantum Leap: Universal translator puts an end to language barrier
Prep Talk: Tamannaah Bhatia minds her own language have 342 words, post on mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com at May 28, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.