Qatar Chamber’s Committee on Food Security and Environment has affirmed the importance of setting fair prices for Qatari agricultural products to protect local products and encourage farms owners to increase production and achieve self-sufficiency.
The meeting was attended by representatives of a number of government agencies, as well as representatives of retail outlets, retailers, farm owners and producers, it focused on prices of agricultural products and mechanisms of protecting local products and consumers.
The discussion focused on the prices of agricultural products and the mechanisms to protect local products and consumers.
The participants of the meeting suggested the establishment of a marketing company to promote, prepare, and sell local products to consumer complexes and outlets.
They proposed the cancelation of the compulsory pricing for two months to examine its impact.
They also emphasised the importance of assisting farms to produce permanently by providing the country with support for green houses, while benefiting from regional and international expertise in this field.
The committee recommended that producers, importers, and outlets should join hands to provide fair prices for local products. It also affirmed the importance of issuing legislation that regulates the country’s production of agriculture and fisheries, while taking into account the global and regional experience.
The attendees suggested the establishment of a famers’ association to regulate the market and distribute roles among farm owners.
- Hanoi promotes agricultural products through AEON
- 5G spectrum should be sold at fair price: Nunzio Mirtillo
- Staples of 20 localities showcased at OCOP fair in Hai Duong
- Mekong Delta aims for high-quality agriculture in 2019
- Measures sought to develop market for organic products
- Foreign investors pour money into food processing, drinks industry
- Food processing industry sees stable growth
- Dairy products 'may become luxuries' after UK leaves EU
- Agriculture sector value chains needs to grow strong
- Benefits to farmers of global heating outweighed by losses, says report
- America's packaged food supply is ultra-processed
- Digital solutions from Bayer help advance agriculture
‘Local agricultural products must be sold at fair price’, says food security committee have 313 words, post on www.gulf-times.com at May 12, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.