At the reception (Photo: thanhuytphcm.vn)
The information was announced by Chairwoman of the Ho Chi Minh city People’s Council Nguyen Thi Quyet Tam during a reception for Lim Jae-hoon, new RoK Consul General to the city, on May 7th.
She confirmed that like other Vietnamese localities, Ho Chi Minh city always makes favourable conditions for the RoK Consulate General to organize cultural exchanges for promoting the friendship and cooperation between the two countries.
She expressed her belief that with the foundation of the 26years of Vietnam – RoK friendly relationship, Mr. Lim Jae-hoon would have a successful working term in the city, and be a bridge to connect the activities of Vietnamese and Korean local People’s Councils.
Showing his pleasure with the friendly and comprehensively cooperative relationship between Vietnam and the RoK, Mr. Lim Jae-hoon said that there are a large number of Korean people and businesses in Ho Chi Minh city and in Vietnam, while 7 of 14 Korean localities have set up friendly relationships with Ho Chi Minh city. “The Ho Chi Minh city – Gyeongju World Cultural Festival 2017 demonstrated the increasingly reinforced relationship between the two countries,” he said.
He added he hoped that Vietnam, including Ho Chi Minh city, would continue to support the RoK in its cultural, economic, political and social cooperation activities in the future./.Compiled by BTA
- Ho Chi Minh City, RoK to jointly host world cultural festival
- Ho Chi Minh City, RoK’s Daegu forge stronger business collaboration
- Ho Chi Minh city establishes friendly and cooperative relations with Korean locality
- Ho Chi Minh city to increase economic and trade cooperation with RoK
- Ho Chi Minh City to boost cooperation with RoK’s localities
- Bản in : HCM City fosters trade ties with RoK locality
- HCM City fosters cooperative relations with Daegu city
- Increasing cooperation between Ho Chi Minh city and Korean locality
- HCM City marks VN - RoK diplomatic ties