Cyclist Le Nguyet Minh from the Minh Giang-HCM City team finished first in the 145km final stage from Vinh Long province to HCM City at the duration of 3 hours 43 minutes 27 seconds. This was his seventh stage win at this year’s tournament, helping him to defend the green jersey for the best sprinter.
|Ho Chi Minh team. Source: VOV|
After 30 stages, racer Nguyen Thanh Tam (Hat Ngoc Troi An Giang team) won the race with the yellow jersey for the overall race leader, followed by Ali Khademi from the An Giang Plant Protection team and Huynh Thanh Tung from the Military Region 7 team. Besides, Tung was also honored with a prize for his impressive performance.
The red jersey for the best climber went to Loic Desriac from the Bike Life Dong Nai team, while the white jersey for the best young rider was for Khademi’s teammate Ngo Van Phuong.
Meanwhile, the Vietnam U.S.A. Society English-Ho Chi Minh City team topped the group category, followed by Hat Ngoc Troi An Giang and Domesco Pharmacy Dong Thap teams.
This year’s tournament, themed “A united country” (Non song lien mot dai in Vietnamese), drew nearly 100 cyclists from 13 teams nationwide. They competed from the Northern Lang Son province and traveled to the Southernmost Ca Mau province before turning back to HCM City, across 30 stages covering a total distance of over 3,200km.
Translated by Van Hieu
- This year's Techcombank HCM City International Marathon to attract 16,000 runners
- 2020 Techcombank HCM City int’l marathon expects 16,000 runners
- HCM City eyes boost to advertising industry
- HCM City, provinces work together to ensure supply of goods at stable prices
- HCM City mulls ways to improve new residential areas
- HCM City seeks to reduce road accidents, deaths by 10 per cent this year
- HCM City transport dept proposes 34 downtown toll booths
- New housing policy for low-, mid-income households needed in HCM City
- HCM City must pick up economic pace
- HCM City to offer special tours during Tet