Located on an area of 1,250 sq.ms. where nearly 1,000 documents, exhibits, photos and maps are displayed, the arduous combat and the resulting triumphant victory of the Vietnamese armed forces and people were vividly recalled.
There are also life-like wax figures, scenery and objects on display, helping spectators learn more about the “world-shaking” victory of Dien Bien Phu.
Below are several images of the display items inside the museum.
|Soldiers breaking rock to pave the pathway to make it easier for heavy artillery pieces to enter the battlefield|
|Hero Be Van Dan using his body as a gun bipod|
|Wax figures of Northwestern ethnic minorities supporting the Dien Bien Phu Campaign|
|Dien Bien Phu Victory will live eternally.|
Translated by Long Nam Thuy Phat
- Dien Bien Phu Victory museum
- Exhibition celebrates Dien Bien Phu victory
- Dien Bien marks 64th anniversary of Dien Bien Phu Victory
- Cycling tourney celebrating Dien Bien Phu Victory wraps up
- Exhibition opens on Dien Bien Phu victory
- Symposium on Dien Bien Phu victory to focus on historical, realistic values
- Dien Bien Phu victory– golden page in Vietnam’s history
- Symposium discusses values of Dien Bien Phu victory
- Symposium highlights values of Dien Bien Phu victory