Young people lit candles at the A1 Hill War Cemetery in Dien Bien Province on May 6. Photo by TTXVN
These are among activities to celebrate the 64th anniversary of the Dien Bien Phu Victory (7.5.1954 – 7.5.2018).
More than 150 young people paid tribute to the fallen soldiers at the cemetery in the northern province of Dien Bien.
A1 Hill War Cemetery was built in 1958 which lies 100 metres away from the A1 Hill historic site. There are 644 graves including those who died in the Dien Bien Phu battle but only four have names.
A music show was also held at 7-5 Square in Dien Bien Phu City to commemorate the day.
- Lighting of Victory Candle illuminates fresh hope
- Jl. Cikini Raya to be closed on weekend for TIM’s anniversary celebrations
- Sunrise event marks first anniversary of Vegas shooting
- Cabinet OKs plan for Mint to craft special toonies to mark D-Day anniversary
- No victory in sight
- Mattis visits Agent Orange cleanup site at Bien Hoa
- Phu Quoc island under transformation
- Thousands march against graft in Bucharest on third anniversary of deadly fire
- Cambodian opposition mark attack anniversary with rare public display
- Family marks Kian’s first death anniversary