CHRIS BAYWOOD IBE is the governing council chairman of Nigerian Institute for Oil Pam Research (NIFOR) in Benin City. In this interview with BDSUNDAY, he highlights the potential of the palm oil industry and its capacity to catalyse growth in the economy. He assures that, without bureaucracy, the council can make the industry the real sector for investment, insisting that the industry possesses what it takes to turn around the economy as it did about 55 years ago. Many people out there do not know Nigerian Institute for Oil Pam Research (NIFOR) beyond its name. Tell us, what is NIFOR all about? Nigerian Institute for Oil Pam Research (NIFOR) is a federal government agency that has to do with palm oil production. Over 50 years ago, it was one of the agencies that the federal government heavily relied upon. It is one of the oldest agencies in the country established in 1964. It was from NIFOR that the Malaysians picked up their first palm seedling with which they developed their own palm industry. Today, Malaysia is one of the leading producers of palm produce. So, if we apply the business sense and allow the private sector to drive the agency,… Read full this story
- Savills: EVFTA positively impacts on Vietnam’s industrial real estate market
- The Truck Simulator radio stations making waves in the real world
- Making it in Unreal: real-life sport meets ragdolls in Dodgebrawl
- King are blocking The Banner Saga's trademark to make things harder for "real copycats"
- Paranormal Activity VR Will Make You Wet Your Real Pants
- German businesses 'reluctant' to invest in UK over Brexit uncertainty
- UK aerospace industry issues warning over lack of Brexit trade deal
- Report: Halo Infinite Development Cost Makes it The Most Expensive Game Ever
- Halo Infinite Producer Leaves 343 Industries
- 343 Industries' New Job Listing Reveals VR Halo Title Is in the Works
‘We can make palm oil industry the real sector for investment in Nigeria’ have 320 words, post on www.businessdayonline.com at April 29, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.