Hanoi (VNA) – The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HOSE) rose 3.25 points to close at 1,191.54 points on April 4.
A total of 239 million units were traded on the southern bourse, worth more than 8.55 trillion VND (376.2 million USD) on the day.
The large-cap group saw the increase in the prices of Bien Hoa Concrete (BCH), Vingroup Joint Stock Company (VIC) and Vietnam Dairy Products Joint Stock Company (VNM) stocks while those of Vietinbank (CTG), PetroVietnam Gas (GAS), consumer goods producer Masan (MSN), Vietcombank (VCB) and brewer Sabeco (SAB) stocks fell 400-3,000 VND per share.
On the Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX), the HNX-Index declined 0.3 points to finish the trading session at 135.32 points after some 64 million units worth more than 1.18 trillion VND (51.92 million USD) were traded on the bourse.
The HNX30, tracking the HNX’s 30 leading shares in terms of market capitalisation and liquidity, retreated 0.93 points to close at 258.39 points with 46 million units traded at more than 1 trillion VND (44 million USD).
The UPCOM Index on the Unlisted Public Company Market (UPCoM) gained slightly 0.01 percent to settle at 60.46 points. More than 44 million units were sold at 904 billion VND (39.77 million USD).-VNA
- Stocks could end Friday with another record after a strong jobs report
- Rangers weighing up stock-market listing
- How a single mother, 50, lost her entire $3,500 tax return because of disputed Centrelink 'robo-debt' - and it could happen to YOU
- Milito not rushing return
- Serena hopes to return to tennis in summer
- Iniesta gets green light to return
- Cesc Fabregas returns from injury
- Barcelona assistant Vilanova returns to practice
- UF’s Ball makes return with plenty of support
- Medical questions hurt Taylor’s stock