Two Vietnamese scientists have been listed in the 2018 edition of Asian Scientist 100 , an annual listing of the region's top academics by the Singapore-based magazine.
Prof. Dr. Phan Thanh Son Nam from the Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Sum from Quy Nhon University were honored in the list for their accomplishments in chemistry and mathematics, respectively.
The Asian Scientist 100 list, which honors Asia's top 100 researchers, academics and innovators, has been compiled and published by Singapore-based science and technology magazine Asian Scientist since 2016.
Each of the 100 honorees is qualified by having won a national or international prize in 2017 for their scientific research or leadership, according to the magazine's website.
"Together, they represent the best of what Asia has to offer the scientific community at large," an introduction to the list reads.
Both of the Vietnamese scientists were honored thanks to their winning of the 2017 Ta Quang Buu Awards, which is awarded by Vietnam's Ministry of Science and Technology to local scientists with remarkable contribution to fundamental research in natural sciences and technology.
|Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Sum is listed in the 2018 edition of Asian Scientist 100 in this screen grab taken from the magazine's website.|
Dr. Phan Thanh Son Nam was the lead author of an excellent work on molecular catalysts in organic transformation.
Specifically, his work explored the application of metal-organic frameworks as catalysts for the synthesis of propargylamine organic matters.
The study, which Nam co-authored with four of his Vietnamese colleagues, has been cited 21 times in scientific research globally.
Meanwhile, Dr. Nguyen Sum was honored for his work on topology, a branch of mathematics dealing with properties of space that are preserved under continuous deformations.
Sum's work was praised for its solving of a unique case of the famous Peterson hit problem, posed by U.S. mathematician Frank Peterson 30 years ago.
- Vietnamese scientists listed as WoS Highly Cited Researchers
- The venom of one of world's deadliest snakes could relieve pain, say scientists
- The 100 best movies of the 2010s
- All 147 Michael Jackson Songs, Ranked From Worst to Best
- 'Just a matter of when': the $20bn plan to power Singapore with Australian solar
- WWF launches Plastic Smart Cities initiative in Southeast Asia
- Launch of O2O V-MORE Xpress powered by ToroV in Southeast Asia
- Bangkok city guide: what to do plus the best hotels, restaurants and bars
- Pakistan holds 10th place in Asia with three quota places for Tokyo Olympics
- The Hottest DJs Are Coming Together For One Of Asia's Biggest Parties!
- Work-life balance, best part of their job, advice for others: Bosses on this year's ET Women Ahead list share insights
- HDBank wins best green credit financing award
Vietnamese scientists listed among Asia’s best by Singapore magazine have 463 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at April 4, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.