Vietnamese parents spend on average 10 hours each week helping their children with homework, only second to Indian parents who put in 12 hours, a new global survey revealed. The Global Parents’ Survey found that half of Vietnamese parents asked said they devoted more than seven hours each week to their child’s education, more than any other country surveyed apart from India at 62 percent. Overall, parents in emerging economies generally devoted much more time to homework than their counterparts in richer countries, Varkey Foundation, which surveyed 27,380 parents across 29 countries concluded. In addition, Vietnamese parents are the most satisfied, joint with Mexico and Argentina, of all those surveyed with the amount of help they’re giving their children, with 67 percent saying the hours they’re putting in are about right. The phenomenon reflects the widely known fact that most Vietnamese parents prize their children’s education, considered a ticket to a successful career, above all else. “Vietnamese parents can sacrifice everything, sell their houses and land just to give their children an education,” Vietnam’s education minister Phung Xuan Nha said at a conference in 2016. And the statistics are telling. Academic pressure is the top anxiety 54 percent of Vietnamese… Read full this story
- Foiled! Soldier spends 10 hours wrapping friend's room in TINFOIL after he left his door unlocked at their barracks
- Barista begs lazy customers to stop spending $10 to have a SINGLE coffee delivered by Uber Eats - and says the orders are terrible for business
- House expected to pass spending bill next week as shutdown deadline looms
- Father sets social media alight with his time-saving refuelling trick that will 'save you 10 HOURS' at the petrol pump in your lifetime
- War veteran, 99, was left 'crying out' in agony on an A&E trolley for almost 10 hours after he was urgently admitted to hospital
- EXCLUSIVE: From multi-million dollar mansions to 'mini Guantanamo Bay': How Jeffrey Epstein spends 23 hours a day in a black mold-infested 8ft by 8ft jail cell where inmates wake up with dead rats in their beds at notorious New York City prison
- Marie Osmond bares her soul about parenting nearly 10 years after suicide of her son Michael: 'You can't breathe'
- Scores of FBI agents search house where Baby Lisa's parents are staying - hours after she admits she was 'blackout' drunk the night her daughter vanished
- Parents on zero-hour contracts 'could miss out on free childcare'
- WhatsApp will only spend 13 HOURS trying to delete your embarrassing texts to other people's phones after a huge change to its 'unsend' feature
Vietnamese parents spend over 10 hours weekly with child’s homework: survey have 430 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 28, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.