The Giang brothers besides the three judges at the Britain’s Got Talent 2018
In an interview with Dantri/Dtinews after their impressive TV performance, the younger brother, Giang Quoc Nghiep, said they were very happy at the response from Vietnam and many other countries after the show.
The Giang brothers perform a head-to-head balance stunt at the Britain’s Got Talent 2018 on April 21
The 29-year-old circus artist said that they were reluctant when invited to participate in the Britain’s Got Talent TV show because they knew the show often priortised dance and music acts rather than circus performances.
“Another reason we weren’t eager was that we achieved a Guinness World Record, so a TV show seemed a too small stage for us,” Nghiep explained. “We also refused to participate in the American’s Got Talent before.”
However, the brothers were encouraged and supported by many artist friends including designer Nguyen Cong Tri, choreographer Tan Loc and music composer Tran Manh Tuan to take part in the show to introduce Vietnamese circus to an international audience.
“Based on this encouragement, we flew to Britian,” Nghiep continued. “We didn’t have much time to prepare and we didn’t set a target to win the competition. But we showed our acts and introduced about Vietnamese circus to international friends.”
Nghiep said that the judges had suggested they arrange a performance for the British Royal Family but they haven’t accepted due to their busy schedule in Vietnam at present.
“We’re also thinking of pulling out of Britain’s Got Talent as our purpose for joining this show was to introduce Vietnamese circus to more people but not to win that show. We want to focus on our live show which will be organised this June in Vietnam.
- Who is DJ Murray Mint? Britain’s Got Talent 2018 act from San Frandisco (Middlesbrough)
- Watch: Cake-eating opera singer takes on Britain’s Got Talent
- Cake-eating opera singer takes on Britain’s Got Talent
- Britain's Got Talent 2018: five must-see auditions from episode six
- Britain's Got Talent 2018: Which acts are through to the semi-finals?
- Britain’s Got Talent brand show a ‘fix’ after Alesha Dixon gives her Golden Buzzer to her old friend Lifford Shillingford
- Britain's Got Talent 2018: five must-see auditions from episode five
- Who is Noel James? Britain’s Got Talent 2018’s ‘bizarre and absurd’ comedian who cracks up the judges
- What is David Walliams’ net worth, when were the Britain’s Got Talent judge and Lara Stone married and what books has he published?
- Declan Donnelly opens up about live TV as he goes it alone on Britain’s Got Talent